Effective June 30, 2020
2. SUBMISSION AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION – This section addresses the types of information that FMNA collects directly from users and the collection of non-personally identifiable information via cookies and related technologies by, and on behalf of, FMNA and third parties.
4. USE AND DISCLOSURE – This section describes how FMNA uses your information to provide and manage FMNA Services, including when FMNA may disclose your information to third parties that assist FMNA in providing those services.
5. SECURITY – This section describes FMNA‘s security measures.
6. USER CONTROL – This section informs users how to access and change their personal information stored by FMNA, and how to cancel their accounts.
7. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CCPA – This section informs California users about their privacy rights and how to submit requests under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
8. CONTACT US – This section instructs users how to contact FMNA.
FremantleMedia North America, Inc., its affiliates and partners (collectively, “ FMNA,” “we” or “us”) provide various entertainment websites including this website (“FMNA Websites”) and related services, such as, applications, community pages and any other features, content, promotions or games offered from time to time by FMNA including when accessed via the Internet, mobile or other devices (collectively, “FMNA Services”). FremantleMedia North America, Inc. is part of the United States based operations of FremantleMedia Group.
2. SUBMISSION AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION ON FMNA SERVICES
User Submitted Information
• Registration Information is the information that users must provide to FMNA at registration for a FMNA Service, for example, to receive a newsletter, enter a contest or sweepstakes, play a game or take a survey. Registration Information may include, for example, name, contact information, email address, zip code, birthday and other information you choose to provide us. If you register on a casting site we may request your contact information as well as resume information such as your previous employment or skills. As part of the registration process you may be asked to select a user name and password to be used to access your account and restricted areas of the site.
• Public Information and Posts consist of comments or content that you post to FMNA Services and the information about you that accompanies those posts or content, such as a username and/or user picture. Public Information and Posts will always be public which means it will be available to everyone and will be displayed in search results both on FMNA Services and on external search engines.
FMNA Collected Information
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., http://windows.microsoft.com/en- US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow- cookies). Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security/privacy_policy/faq.html. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features or personalization available through FMNA Services.
• Do not Track. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b)(as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how FMNA responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. FMNA does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
• Third Parties. To improve the quality of our services, FMNA may supplement the information we collect from you with information we obtain from third parties. If you access a FMNA Service through a third party connection or log-in, we may also collect Third Party Information and Content.
3. NOTICE & CHOICE
4. USE & DISCLOSURE
Information Made Public Through Use of FMNA Services
FMNA’s Use and Disclosure of Information
How we use the information we collect:
• To contact you. FMNA may periodically send promotional materials (e.g., newsletters) or notifications related to FMNA Services to the email address you provided to us at registration or subscription to your account. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials from FMNA, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notification emails that you may not opt-out of as long as you are registered with or subscribed to FMNA Services, such as notifications of changes to FMNA Services or policies.
Disclosure of Information:
•To allow third party service providers to assist us in providing and managing FMNA Services.
FMNA may make your non-public personal information available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage or provide FMNA Services by, for example: developing or supporting products and features; conducting email marketing on our behalf; processing payments; administering message boards; fulfilling orders; processing data or statistics; or assisting with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests, promotions and sweepstakes. These outside service providers are required to protect non-public personal information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific service they are providing to FMNA.
• With your permission or at your request. We may disclose your information to complete a transaction you have requested, such as to enroll you in a newsletter subscription, enter you in a sweepstakes or to respond to an inquiry or request for information. We may also disclose your information at your request, for example if you request that we share your audition information with our partners or others.
• To protect the rights of FMNA and our users. There may be instances when FMNA may disclose user information without providing notice or choice, including situations where FMNA has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights, property, or safety of FMNA, the FMNA Affiliated Companies or their employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of users of FMNA Services or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law or legal process.
• To complete a merger or sale of assets. If FMNA sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, FMNA may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
FMNA uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard user information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, FMNA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk. You also play a role in protecting your information. Please safeguard your user name and password and do not share them with others. If we receive instructions using your log-in information we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us of the problem by emailing email@example.com.
We are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Public Information and Posts.
6. USER CONTROL
You may cancel your account by clicking on “delete your account” and may unsubscribe to any FMNA newsletter or promotional email by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the specific newsletter or e-mail. Remember that even after you cancel your account, copies of some information that is publicly viewable may remain viewable in circumstances where, for example, you have commented on content on FMNA Services or if another person copied, stored or shared your information. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancellation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. Unsubscribing from newsletters or promotional emails from us will not stop us from sending you certain service notification emails as you are registered with or subscribed to FMNA Services, such as notifications of changes to FMNA Services or policies.
If you would like to stop receiving messages from us on your mobile phone, please reply to the message with “STOP.” You may also contact your wireless carrier for additional information on receiving or stopping mobile messages.
7. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we not share your personal information on a going- forward basis FMNA affiliates or unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “DISCLOSURE OPT-OUT” in the subject line and your full name, email address, and postal address in the body of the email. We will try to comply with request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Information for California Residents
California Consumers’ Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request Information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, if you are a California resident you may:
- Opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications regarding the Services;
- Opt-in to certain financial incentive programs we may offer related to the collection, sale, or deletion of your Personal Information; and
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our service providers, in some circumstances.
Collection of Personal Information from California Residents
We have listed below the personal information we may have collected from California residents in the past 12 months.
Category of personal information we may collect: Identifiers
1. Categories of sources from which we may obtain your “Identifiers” include: Directly from consumers
2. The purposes for collecting your “Identifiers” include: To improve our audience and contestant experience, and provide opportunities to attend our shows. In the event a prize is won, to facilitate prize delivery and for tax purposes.
Category of personal information we may collect: Sensory Information
1. Categories of sources from which we may obtain your “Sensory Information” include: Directly from consumers
2. The purposes for collecting your “Sensory Information” include: As part of the audition, attendance, and/or participation process for our programming.
Category of personal information we may collect: Inferences
1. Categories of sources from which we may obtain your “Inferences” include: Directly from consumers
2. The purposes for collecting your “Inferences” include: As part of the audition, attendance, and/or participation process for our programming.
Selling/sharing your personal information
1. Categories of third parties we may sell your personal information to: We do not sell personal information to third parties.
2. Categories of third parties we may otherwise share your personal information with: Internal affiliates
You can make requests related to your California privacy rights at the attached links:
- Access My Personal Information: (https://www.requesteasy.com/5ef5-1755);
- Delete My Personal Information: (https://www.requesteasy.com/5ef5-1755);
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information: (https://www.requesteasy.com/5ef5-1755).
You may also make those requests by calling 1-888-745-7492.
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, social media, email addresses, etc.).
When you make a request, we may ask you to provide verifying information, such as your name, email, or phone number. We will review the information provided and may request additional information via email or other means to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. Please also be aware that making any such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
Our Services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information, then you may contact us as indicated above.
Do Not Track
Fremantle does not currently take steps to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
Date created: June 30, 2020
8. CONTACT US